Download & stream free movies, TV, music, and audiobooks on your mobile device or computer
You'll need your Warren-Trumbull County Public Library card and a computer or device with an Internet connection.
Using a personal computer (Windows or Mac):
1. Register for an account by visiting www.hoopladigital.com . Click on Sign Up. You will need to provide an email address, create a password, and have your library card information. Select "Warren-Trumbull Public Library" when prompted. You will not have to enter a PIN.
2. Easily browse titles on your computer by clicking Browse and choosing the Music, Movies, Audiobooks, or Television tab. You can also search for a specific title by clicking on the Search box and typing in your title/keyword.
3. To borrow a title, click on the titles icon and then click the Borrow button. The borrowed titles can be found under the My Titles tab for viewing/listening. Enjoy your selected titles!
4. First-time users may need to install the Widevine plug-in; you will be prompted to install this free program.
5. Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending period is over.
Using a tablet, smartphone, or mobile device (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phone):
1. Download the free hoopla mobile app, which can be found in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Using the hoopla app on your IOS or Android mobile device, click on Sign Up. You will need to provide an email address, create a password, and have your library card information. Select "Warren-Trumbull Public Library" when prompted. You will not have to enter a PIN.
2. Easily browse titles on your mobile device by clicking Browse and choosing the Music, Movies, Audiobooks, or Television tab. You can also search for a specific title by clicking on the Search box and typing in your title/keyword.
3. To borrow a title, click on the titles icon and then click the Borrow button. The borrowed titles can be found under the My Titles tab for viewing/listening.
4. To stream your item via WiFi or wireless, just tap the image of the item.
5. To download and play an item when you are away from WiFi or wireless, tap Download to download the item and play it on your device any time.
6. Internet connection data rates may apply when streaming to a smartphone or mobile device.
7. Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending period is over.
If you need addiitonal help, visit www.hoopladigital.com and click the Need Help? link at the bottom of the page.
NEW! You can now borrow 10 items per calendar month.
Loan time is 3 days
TV Show Episodes:
Loan time is 3 days
Loan time is 7 days
Loan time is 21 days
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: What is hoopla?
hoopla is a digital media service available through the W-TCPL which enables you to borrow a great selection of movies, television shows, educational/instructional videos, documentaries, music, and audiobooks via your browser, smartphone or tablet (iOS 6 and via select Android devices).
Question: Are there any fees to use hoopla?
No, hoopla is a free service to library customers like yourself, provided by the W-TCPL.
Question: How can I sign up for hoopla?
Go to www.hoopladigital.com and click Sign Up. Or you can use the hoopla mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. (You will need a valid W-TCPL library card to borrow items.)
Question: Do I need a PIN?
No, you do not need to enter a PIN.
Question: How do I borrow and play titles?
You can borrow titles by downloading, installing and signing into the mobile app or signing into the website and browsing all available content. Once you select a title, you can click on the "Borrow" button on the title details page. Once a title is borrowed it will be added to your "My Titles". From there you can play the title on your mobile device or PC. (Please note that in order to play content on your web browser, a plug-in called "Widevine" must be installed. Your web browser should prompt you to download this plug-in the first time you attempt to view content on your web browser. This is a one-time installation and you should not be prompted for the plug-in again.)
Question: Are titles downloaded onto my device or computer?
All titles are available for streaming and most are available for download, based on Studio or Publisher restrictions. However, titles are only available for download on mobile devices, such as iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) and supported Android phones or tablets.
Question: Is what I watch or listen to on hoopla private?
Yes. No one can see what titles you have borrowed.
Question: How often does hoopla get new content?
New titles are added weekly.
Question: How many items can I borrow?
You can borrow 10 items per calendar month.
Question: Can a title be returned before the lending period expires?
You can return a title before the lending period has expired by clicking the "Return" button at the top right of the title detail page. Returning a title early does not give you additional borrows for that month.